The DIE project “Implementing the 2030 Agenda” aims to identify SDG-interlinkages and provide evidence-based advice to decision-makers on devising approaches and strategies for an integrated implementation of the 2030 Agenda. Register for the workshop on September 27, 2021 to know more.
With the 2030 Agenda, the international community has established an ambitious, interlinked goal system for a global sustainability transformation. The successful implementation of the Agenda’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) requires that the complex interactions between the SDGs and their targets are taken into account. This poses new challenges to political institutions and processes: Institutional reforms and innovative governance approaches are needed to overcome sectoral silos and achieve an integrated implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
Against this background, since 2017, the German Development Institute (DIE) is conducting the research project “Implementing the 2030 Agenda: Integrating Growth, Environment, Equality and Governance”, funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The project aims to identify and investigate central interlinkages between the SDGs and to provide evidence-based advice to decision-makers in development cooperation on devising approaches and strategies towards integrated implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
This workshop will provide an opportunity to present central findings from our project and to learn about their relation to and exploitability for your own work. Following a plenary session on “SDG interdependencies and the integration challenges” three parallel break-out groups will discuss governance challenges related to synergies and trade-offs between the SDGs in the fields of 1) the Water-Energy-Food Nexus, 2) Climate Protection and Social Protection and 3) Poverty and Inequality.
- Prof. Dr. Anna Katharina Hornidge, Director of DIE
- Dr. Ingolf Dietrich, Beauftragter Nachhaltige Entwicklungsziele (BMZ) / Director Commissioner for sustainable development (BMZ)
- John Jellema, Global Development Network (GDN), Deputy Director of the Commitment to Equity Project (CEQ)
- Ambassador David Donohue, Overseas Development Institute (ODI), Distinguished Fellow
- Stefan Beierl, GIZ, Policy Advisor, Sector Initiative Social Protection
- Ivonne Lobos Alva, Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI), Research Fellow
- Prof. Dr. Imme Scholz, Deputy Director of DIE
- Dr. Anita Breuer, Senior Researcher of the Research Programme “Transformation of political (dis-)order” at DIE
- Dr. Pooja Balasubramanian, Researcher of the Research Programme “Transformation of Economic and Social Systems” at DIE
- Dr. Daniele Malerba, Senior Researcher of the Research Programme “Transformation of Economic and Social Systems” at DIE
- Dr. Srinivasa Srigiri, Senior Researcher of the Research Programme “Environmental Governance” at DIE
- Christopher Wenzel, Division 103 – Water, Sanitation, Hygiene (BMZ)
Source: Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE), 23.08.2021