We are hiring an (Senior) Academy Manager
Founded in 1972, IFOAM – Organics International works as an agent of change, advocating for true sustainability in agriculture, value chains, and consumption. We are an international non- profit organization with a membership base that spans around 100 countries, promoting a holistic approach to food systems based on the principles of health, ecology, fairness, and care.
It’s an exciting time to join our team! We are growing and in transition, and are looking to strengthen our organization by providing strategic guidance and management to the IFOAM Academy. To this end, we are looking for a creative, energetic and vision-driven senior expert with exceptional intercultural communication skills and experience in adult education who is ready to bring the IFOAM Academy to the next level.
The IFOAM Academy has been supporting the organic community since 2012 through effective, customized and comprehensive training programs developed to support the strategy of our organization and the needs of our movement. Through the Organic Leadership Course (OLC), which is part of the Academy offer, IFOAM provides a space for learning and experience, and for developing innovative strategies and strong networks. The Academy has also worked successfully with local government officers in several countries in Asia and Central Asia through the Organic Foundation Courses (OFC) and the Organic Agriculture Extension Agents training program.
As Academy Manager you will be in charge to further develop a scaling model of the IFOAM academy that allows replication of our training offer. You will be in charge of developing the curriculum further, design and conduct training courses targeted at expert trainers in line with our values, landmarks and principles. You will develop and formalize the existing alumni network and integrate it in the overall network of IFOAM – Organics International.
This position is being integrated in the organizational structure of IFOAM – Organics International and you will be working closely with other experts in the organization. You will provide expert training services in projects and to external partners. To make sure you can focus on the headline activities, junior colleagues will support with the practical and administrative side of your work. You are reporting to the Executive Director.
Your experience, solid management and entrepreneurial skills will allow you to lead a pool of knowledge resources servicing the organic network. As senior colleague you are a role model for leadership within the organization and network and you subscribe to the Principles of Organic Agriculture and the positions of IFOAM – Organics International.
You will join a culturally diverse 30-member team at our office in Bonn, Germany. You will work directly with supporting staff and the Sr. Program Manager is your sounding board.
We are aiming to fill this position from August 2020.
Overall Management of the Academy
- Strategic Planning
- Annual program planning
- Act as lead trainer for flagship programs
- Coaching and mentorship of Academy trainers
- Acquisition of new projectsDevelop the Academy as Network of Experts
- Set up a replication system, allowing qualified trainers to train on behalf of the IFOAM academy
- Create best practice by applying Training of Trainers in existing projects of IFOAM – Organics International.
- Create online and in-person facilitation tools Curriculum and Product Development
- Develop further modules for the IFOAM Academy curriculum, servicing projects and external partners.
- Collaborate with experts in-house and in our network to translate their expertise into educational offers.
- Alumni Network
• Develop and institutionalize the network of IFOAM Academy alumni further as a multiplication and amplification tool for IFOAM’s mission and messages.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Inspiring leadership personality with proficient management skills and 15+ years of working experience
- Background or education in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
- Capacity building and coaching skills, facilitation of learning and teaching
- Entrepreneurial and organizational skills, experience in coordinating multiple actors
- Strong background in the organic world, familiarity with IFOAM – Organics International
- Familiarity with organic and leadership training institutions globally
- Project management skills
- Excellent promotional and communication skills
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken; a second international language e.g. Spanish, French, Chinese or Russian will be an added advantage
- Computer and media skills appropriate and necessary for this position
- Ability and willingness to travel abroad regularly for approximately 80 days per year
- Experience in working with local governments and government agencies in government sponsored capacity-building programs
We offer a full-time (40 hours/week) position, initially for 2 years with the intention to extend to an unlimited contract, with a probation period of 6 months. IFOAM – Organics International offers an annual salary range from 55’000 to 65’000€ per annum for this position, depending on your seniority, experience and skills.
How to Apply
Please submit your application by email in one single file (PDF) to email@example.com, no later than July 10, 2020, indicating in the subject line the title of the position you apply for.
Your application must include a cover letter, your CV and salary expectations. The second round of interviews will include a task. Additional documents may be asked for at a later stage. Short- listed candidates will also be asked to provide the names and contact details of two professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Source: IFOAM Organics International, 24.06.2020