The Senior Executive will cooperate closely with the Executive Director and perform a variety of tasks at the heart of the association, such as the organization of scientific conferences, general (financial) management of the association, outreach activities, project development and administration. The candidates are expected to demonstrate a solid understanding of development cooperation, be fluent in English and German. The position will allow the successful candidate to use his/her project and event management, communication and reporting, and funding proposal writing skills. The role would suit a candidate with some years of professional experience and willing to take up team leadership in defined areas. The successful candidate will be offered a (TVÖD) contract on part-time basis (80 %), with a salary of 32.000 Euro before taxes. The initial contract will be for a period of 24 months, subject to a probationary period of six months. The position is based in our office in Bonn. All genders are welcome.
- General administration and office management
- Coordination and organization of large conferences (i.e. EADI ISS conference 2021) and smaller public events and internal meetings for various target groups of the association
- Coordination, organization and facilitation of online meetings and webinars
- Membership administration and recruitment, use of various database systems
- Service for EADI members and EADI working groups
- Reporting and communication tasks
- Administrative and accounting tasks
- Contribution to the preparation of funding applications
- University Degree (MA, MSc) in relevant social sciences fields
- Some years of relevant professional experience
- Strong interest in association management, experience in accounting, budgeting and administration
- Good communication and writing skills (in English, German and preferably also French)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and perform under tight deadlines
- Ability to take initiatives and to work independently
- Facilitation skills (also online)
- Detailed knowledge of MS Office programs, especially ExCel
- Experience with social media such as Twitter, Facebook
- Experience with, or preferably ability to use a series of multi-media creative tools such from Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere); and implementing effective web content management using Content Management Systems such as Typo3, WordPress, and mailing list software such as Mailchimp
- Eligibility to work in the EU
In addition, we appreciate:
- Knowledge of scientific publishing processes
- Availability to travel in other countries
Applicants are requested to send their application in English with cover letter, certificates and references (without a photo) in ONE pdf document, with ‘Senior Executive’ in the subject line, to email@example.com. The cover letter can be addressed to Ms. Susanne von Itter, Executive Director. Closing date for applications is 14 June 2020 (midnight).
We thank all candidates for their interest, however we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
EADI – the European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes – is the leading professional association for development studies in Europe and forms a European-wide network of institutes, researchers, and students of various disciplines in the field of development studies. The association was founded in 1975 and is an independent and non-profit making international non-governmental organisation. Its Secretariat is based in Bonn, Germany.
For further details see the EADI website
Source: European Association of Development Institutes, 28.05.2020