As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
Digital transformation is changing the way individuals, societies and countries around the globe interact. The benefits of digital technologies and methods are manifold. They help make knowledge accessible, open up new opportunities for discussion, and allow us to tap into new markets and cooperation opportunities and to design the archiving, administration and presentation of data more efficiently and transparently. For this reason, digital transformation is also playing an increasingly important role in various fields of development cooperation (DC). Promoting and disseminating digitalisation is therefore an independent development-policy objective that the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is particularly committed to pursuing together with its partners (for details in German, visit the website www.bmz.de/ikt). At the same time, there are new challenges that development cooperation needs to overcome.
Assignment period: 01.10.2019 – 31.12.2021
Field: Information and Communication Technology
Type of employment: full-time
Application deadline: 18.08.2019
- Establishing a network of cooperation arrangements with companies for promoting digital development of the private sector in developing countries and implementing the concept of digital centres
- Identifying and providing advice on examples of innovative digital applications and pilot projects for implementation technologies and ways of further developing DC concepts and methods
- Scouting trends to identify digitalisation innovations and applications in the field of sustainable development and providing technical advice to BMZ on the ongoing conceptual development of approaches and strategies
- Commenting on and evaluating project ideas, advising BMZ on developing political stances and statements on digital issues from politics, business and academia
- Providing support with drawing up German contributions in national and international political processes and committees
- Designing and running events on digitalisation in development policy
- Encouraging exchange of knowledge on digital topics in DC institutions
- Providing support with commissioning and assisting with studies and subcontracts
- University degree in digital themes in political and social sciences, international relations or development policy
- Many years’ professional experience in the digital economy on practical applications for innovative digital technologies
- Experience with innovative event and project management
- You enjoy writing and authoring journalistic texts in German and English
- You have analytical and communication skills and enjoy creating concepts and strategies
- You are able to deliver good work results unsupervised and independently, even under time pressure
- Ability to be a team player
- Fluent business German and English
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
Source: Vacancies Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, July 2019