Founded in 1972, IFOAM – Organics International works as an agent of change, advocating for true sustainability in agriculture, value chains, and consumption. We are an international non- profit organization with a membership base across around 120 counties and promote a holistic approach to food systems based on the principles of health, ecology, fairness, and care.
It’s an exciting time to join our team! With the launch of our organizational strategy in 2017, we are expanding our activities and are looking to recruit a Project Coordinator for a German Government funded project to support the Organic Working Group of the Green Innovation Centres in Africa, led by GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit). The project is part of the special initiative One World Without Hunger.
As Project Coordinator you will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the project in line with donor regulations. The project falls under the overall responsibility of the Program Leader, to whom you will report. You will liaise with the project’s consortium partners FiBL and Naturland and the country office’s focal points, ensuring optimal coordination. You will join a culturally diverse 26-member team at our office in Bonn, Germany, and, as part of the Capacity Development Department, report to the Co-Head responsible for this project.
We are aiming to fill this position by July 2019 and encourage early applications.
- Ensure proper external coordination with donor agency, consortium partners, focal points in country offices and internal coordination within IFOAM – Organics International;
- Propose to and agree with partners on possible interventions and design proposals accordingly; manage contractual donor obligations;
- Manage the timely and effective implementation of project activities according to set targets, indicators and approved plans and budget;
- Work closely with partners to implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools;
- Facilitate workshops/ seminars, and prepare and conduct webinars
- Ensure a sound financial management and administration of the project;
- Fulfil all logistical requirements linked to the project;
- Ensure timely and thorough narrative and financial reporting to the donor;
- Provide inputs for newsletters and other communication material.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant university degree in the field of development cooperation, agronomy, or related subjects;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience (preferably in a development cooperation environment);
- Proven experience in budget management and projects administration (preferably GIZ- funded projects);
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to clearly communicate and interact with diverse partners, and build solid working relationships;
- Excellent networking skills;
- A good understanding of West Africa in an agricultural context;
- Knowledge of organic agriculture appreciated;
- Culturally sensitive and diplomatic;
- Very good oral and written command of English, German and French;
- Computer-literate and proficient in using standard software packages;
- Interested in and available to travel internationally to project locations.
We offer a full-time (40 hours/week) position within a dynamic and multicultural team at a well- established international organization. Applicants seeking a part-time arrangement (at least 80% of the full-time equivalency) will be considered. A two-year contract with the possibility of extension is foreseen for this position. IFOAM – Organics International offers an annual salary equivalent to those offered by other international NGOs of a similar size in Bonn, Germany.
How to Apply
Please submit your application by email in one single file (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than August 10th 2019.
Your application must include a cover letter, your CV and salary expectations. Additional documents may be asked for at a later stage. Short-listed candidates will also be asked to provide the names and contact details of two professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Source: Job vacancy IFOAM – Organics International, 31.07.2019