EADI – the European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes – is the leading professional association for development studies in Europe and forms a European-wide network of institutes, researchers, and students of various disciplines in the field of development studies. The association was founded in 1975 and is an independent and non-profit making international non- governmental organisation. Its Secretariat is based in Bonn, Germany. For further details see our website: www.eadi.org.
EADI is currently seeking to fill the position of Outreach and stakeholder engagement assistant from 1 August 2018. The successful candidate will join our small and dynamic office, where everyone plays an important role and has an impact. At the same time, the candidate will act as a team member of an international, interdisciplinary project team.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the assistant will work for various projects, requiring a broad range of abilities and interest in learning and applying a diversity of tools. The successful candidate will be offered a contract part-time basis (50%), with a salary of 19.500 Euro before taxes. The initial contract will be for a period of 34 months, subject to a probationary period of six months.
- Supporting the implementation of research project outreach strategies, including stakeholder engagement processes (including policy makers)
- Knowledge management (research communication, project websites, policy briefs, flyers, promotional material)
- Supporting the outreach and stakeholder engagement activities with a CLIENT II project on renewable energies for self sufficient health facilities in Ghana
- Administration of expenses, project accounting, preparation of progress reports
- Event organisation and facilitation
- Acting as a team member of an international, interdisciplinary and remote team
- Conducting any other tasks broadly in line with the job profile
What do we expect?
- Knowledge of academic structures in the area of Global Development / Development Research
- Knowledge of current thinking and practice in research communications
- Proven ability to translate complex analysis and ideas (also in technical contexts) into message-oriented, concise and accessible language and appropriate formats
- Management and networking skills
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English
- University Degree (MA, MSc) in geography, development studies, development communications, economics or related fields
- Facilitation skills
- Eligible to work in the EU
In addition, we appreciate:
- Experience with social media and website content management systems, technical affinity
- Ability to establish good working relations with the several players and stakeholders
- Ability to work in a multicultural context
- Availability to travel in other countries
Applicants are requested to send their full application including certificates and references (in one pdf document) via e-mail, with ‘Application outreach assistant’ in the subject line, to email@example.com. The cover letter can be addressed to Ms. Susanne von Itter, Executive Director. Closing date for applications is 22 July 2019 (midnight).
We thank all candidates for their interest, however we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
Source: Job vacancy EADI e.V., 01.07.2019