The City of Bonn and the Right Livelihood College cordially invite you to a Panel Discussion with the following panellists:
– Colin Gonsalves, “Alternative Nobel Prize” Winner, Human Rights Law Network, India
– Abdallah Saleh Possi, Ambassador of the United Republic of Tanzania in Germany and RLC Bonn Alumnus
– Nancy Okail, Tahrir Institute for Middle East Policy, Egypt
Date: Wednesday, June 13, at 6:00 p.m.
Venue: Old Town Hall of the City of Bonn, Markt, Bonn.
After the event you are invited to an informal reception.
The panelists will talk about their work for securing and upholding human rights to every citizen, including minorities, children, and people with disabilities. They will share most successful practical advocating tools, including public interest litigations, social inclusion and good governance approaches.
About the speakers
– Dr. Colin Gonsalves is founder of the Human Rights Law Network (HRLN) in New Delhi, and Senior Advocate at the Supreme Court of India. As a lawyer he has engaged in numerous public interest litigations to hold the government to account and secure a broad spectrum of human rights. In 2017 he received the “Alternative Nobel Prize”, the Right Livelihood Award.
– H.E. Dr. Abdallah Saleh Possi is Ambassador of the United Republic of Tanzania in Germany, former Deputy Minister of State in the Tanzanian Prime Minister’s Office responsible for persons with disabilities. He is an Alumnus of the Right Livelihood College (RLC) Campus Bonn.
– Dr. Nancy Okail is the Executive Director of The Tahrir Institute for Middle East Policy (TIMEP) in Washington, DC, and former Director of Freedom House Egypt.
– Reinhard Limbach, Deputy Mayor, City of Bonn
– PD Dr. Eva Youkhana, Center for Development Research (ZEF)
– Dr. Juliane Kronen, Right Livelihood Award Foundation (RLAF)
– Stefan Bienefeld, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
– Dr. Merjam Wakili, Deutsche Welle
Kindly confirm your participation by June 11 via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Notification Center for Development Research (ZEF), 04.06.2018