HELVETAS Intercooperation GmbH (HELVETAS Germany) is a small German non-governmental organisation based in Bonn which has been established in 2013. The organisation is rooted in the tradition and experience of HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation and is politically and denominationally neutral. HELVETAS Germany is a member of the international HELVETAS network and supports its vision of a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
As per July 1, 2018 or upon agreement we are looking for a result-oriented and innovative DIRECTOR (GESCHÄFTSFÜHRER/IN) 80% – BASED IN BONN
The role offers the unique chance to build up a promising development cooperation organisation, to be part of a well-established network and to further deepen relevant relationships. The Director is responsible for the overall management of HELVETAS Intercooperation GmbH and leads the organisation in administrative, financial and operational terms, in accordance with legal provisions, contract management requirements of funding agencies and the HELVETAS network strategy. The main focus is on the sound implementation of ongoing projects and the mobilisation of funds from public & private donors in Germany and of the European Union (EU). The Director represents the organisation towards funding agencies, partners, thematic alliances and the public in Germany as well as in the EU. The Director leads a Programme Officer, has a regular exchange with colleagues in Switzerland and the partner countries in the South and reports to the Shareholder meeting (Gesellschafterversammlung).
- University degree: Master degree, preferably in an area of relevance to development cooperation (e.g. international relations, environment, agriculture, economics or others)
- At least seven years’ experience in a management position in development cooperation or NPO management
- Strong leadership competencies, you are able to motivate and mentor staff and field colleagues
- You have a learning and growth mind-set, anticipate new development and promote innovation
- Experience in strategic thinking and acting
- A track record in acquisition of mandates with different funding agencies
- Ideally a good understanding of the German NGO law and its funding modalities / procedures
- Excellent representing and networking skills, experience in foster sustainable client relations
- Excellent skills in communication, negotiation and intercultural competencies
- Sound experience in writing & reporting
- Excellent ability to set priorities, to keep deadlines and to work under pressure
- Proficient in German and English (incl. excellent writing skills), French/Spanish or any other languages are an asset
WE OFFER YOU
An employment contract of unlimited duration, attractive working conditions in small but dynamic team as well as an organisational culture that allows learning & innovation and seeks exchange with the wider development community.
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including motivation letter, CV, work certificates, diplomas as well an indication of expected salary level by April 11, 2018. Please send your electronic application to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, please contact Balthasar Stammbach, Co-Shareholder/Gesellschafter (phone +41 44 368 65 69 or email Balthasar.Stammbach@helvetas.org) or visit our website www.helvetas.de or www.helvetas.org.
Source: Notification HELVETAS Intercooperation gGmbH, 22.03.2018