Greetings from the Staff College and its Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development in Bonn! We are pleased to provide you with a few highlights about sustainable development, including information about our upcoming courses and free-of-charge offerings.
Ahead of the upcoming wildlife summit CMS COP12, together with the Convention on Migratory Species (CMS), we have launched a new explainer video on why it is important for the future of humanity to protect migratory wild animals. The video emphasises that protecting migratory species contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Watch the video
We are also pleased to share a new blog post by UN Summer Academy 2017 speaker Ilcheong Yi, on how to translate the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development from a global-level vision into national and local solutions. The article discusses the concept of social and solidarity economy (SSE), offering insights on how SSE institutions and actors can help localise the SDGs. Read the article
Interested to learn and know more? See how we can help you!
- Take one of our upcoming courses:
- Monitoring and Evaluation for Sustainable Development
7 Nov – 10 Nov 2017 (4 days) | Turin, Italy | For UN staff only
Tailored to address the requirements of the new development agenda, this four-day course for UN professionals provides an overview of key concepts, trends, and tools relevant to the monitoring and evaluation functions within the UN system. Read more
- Mobiliser le Big Data pour le Développement Durable (Conducted in French/dispensé en français)
13 Nov – 15 Nov 2017 (3 jours de formation)|Dakar, Senegal
Ce programme de formation renforce les compétences du personnel des Nations Unies et des praticiens du développement par rapport à la mise en œuvre de projets et politiques innovateurs dans le domaine du Big Data en soutien des Objectifs de Développement Durable. En savoir plus
- Stakeholder Engagement and Consensus Building for Sustainable Development
13 Dec – 15 Dec 2017 (3 days) | Bangkok, Thailand
This course will equip you with knowledge and skills for assessing, engaging, and convening multi-stakeholder partnerships and initiatives. Read more
- Enjoy our free-of-charge offerings:
- Join our upcoming SD Talks webinar on local efforts to implement the Paris Agreement
Join us for the next webinar in our SD Talks Special Series on Climate Action in partnership with UN Climate Change. Non-Party Stakeholders are essential in the global effort to realise the goals of the Paris Climate Change Agreement. This webinar will explain the great momentum for more ambition and cooperation from all parts of society and call for new announcements of climate action initiatives. The webinar will take place on 30 October 2017, from 3:15 – 4:15 pm CEST. If you would like to attend this event, please register in advance. Register now
- Create your own explainer videos through the Volunteer Initiative
Through a new initiative between the simpleshow foundation and the UNSSC’s Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development, anyone worldwide can create simple and entertaining explainer videos about the 2030 Agenda and its 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs). You can sign up online in minutes, to promote awareness and action around topics such as ‘Why is water important for peace?’ or ‘Describe one powerful way your community is fighting poverty’. Sign up here
- Explore a sustainable development topic in less than four minutes
Watch our explainer videos on ‘Women’s Access to Justice’ and ‘Understanding the Human Security Approach’. For a general overview of sustainable development, watch our explainer video on ‘Understanding the Dimensions of Sustainable Development’ in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, German or Portuguese! Want to develop an explainer video for your country team, agency or organisation? Please send us an email.
- Read our two-page Primer on Sustainable Development
- Check out all UNSSC courses:
- Browse through all of the College’s offerings and find a programme that suits your learning requirements
- Join our team in Bonn:
- We’re Hiring!
Join our team in Bonn as an Office Assistant (G5). Apply by 10 November, if you’d like to be part of a vibrant, innovative, and creative team! Apply now
- Learn more about the UNSSC Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development:
- Have a look at our brochure.
- Follow us on Twitter @UNSSC and @UNSSCBONN
- If you have ideas or suggestions or you are looking for a customised training for your team or organisation, please send us an email.
Source: Notification UNSSC, 12.10.2017