Greetings from the Staff College and its Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development in Bonn! We are pleased to provide you with a few highlights about sustainable development, including information about our upcoming courses and free-of-charge offerings.
Earlier this month, on 12 September, the United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation highlighted technical cooperation among developing countries. We are pleased to share a mini case study recounting how a local farmers’ association in Tunisia, supported by South-South and Triangular Cooperation, brought the declining Sicilo-Sarde sheep back into business. Read the case study
Another means of strengthening national commitments to implement the 2030 Agenda is big data. By facilitating alternative ways to measure poverty and sustainable development, big data analytics can help reduce vulnerability, boost resilience, and address long-standing as well as emerging development needs. UNSSC has partnered with the Data-Pop Alliance to run a series of trainings on how to leverage big data for sustainable development, with the next training to be held in Dakar, Senegal, this November. Learn more about our learning offerings on big data
Interested to learn and know more? See how we can help you!
- Take one of our upcoming courses:
- UN Catalytic Support to South-South & Triangular Cooperation in Implementing the 2030 Agenda
17 – 19 Oct 2017 (3 Days) | Bonn, Germany
This course equips participants with a sound understanding of the key concepts and principles of South-South and Triangular Cooperation, as well as the tools and methods for practical support in mobilizing partnerships. Read more
- Monitoring and Evaluation for Sustainable Development
7 Nov – 10 Nov 2017 (4 days) | Turin, Italy | For UN staff only
Tailored to address the requirements of the new development agenda, this four-day course for UN professionals provides an overview of key concepts, trends and tools relevant to the monitoring and evaluation functions within the UN system. Read more
- Mobiliser le Big Data pour le Développement Durable (Conducted in French/dispensé en français)
13 Nov – 15 Nov 2017 (3 jours de formation)|Dakar, Senegal
Ce programme de formation renforce les compétences du personnel des Nations Unies et des praticiens du développement par rapport à la mise en œuvre de projets et politiques innovateurs dans le domaine du Big Data en soutien des Objectifs de Développement Durable. En savoir plus
- Engaging with Faith Organisations and Communities for Sustainable Development
21 Nov – 23 Nov 2017 (3 days) | Turin, Italy
This Strategic Learning Exchange explores the linkages between religious dynamics, religious actors and the continuum of humanitarian to development work in the context of the 2030 Agenda. Participants enhance their ‘literacy’ and engagement skills around religion and development. Read more
- Stakeholder Engagement and Consensus Building for Sustainable Development
11 Dec – 13 Dec 2017 (3 days) | Bangkok ,Thailand
This course will equip you with knowledge and skills for assessing, engaging and convening multi-stakeholder partnerships and initiatives. Read more
- Enjoy our free-of-charge offerings:
- Join our upcoming SD Talks webinar on local efforts to realize the goals of the Paris Agreement
Join us for the fifth webinar of our SD Talks Special Series on Climate Action in partnership with the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Non-Party Stakeholders are essential in the global effort to realize the goals of the Paris Agreement. This webinar will explain the great momentum for more ambition and cooperation from all parts of society. The webinar will take place on 30 October 2017, from 3:15 – 4:15 pm CEST. If you would like to attend this event, please register in advance. Register now
- Sign up for the simpleshow foundation and UNSSC’s upcoming webinar on how to create 2030 Agenda explainer videos
Through a new initiative between the simpleshow foundation and the Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development, volunteers worldwide can create simple and entertaining explainer videos about the 2030 Agenda and its 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs). This webinar, happening on 11 October, 2017 at 3:00 pm CEST, will show participants how they can employ simple explanation, and the online video creater mysimpleshow, to promote action and awareness around the 2030 Agenda. Sign up here
- Connect with the German Diplomatic Academy’s Alumni Network
We are delighted to let you know that as part of our partnership with the German Diplomatic Academy, we can offer you the opportunity to join their alumni network. This will enable you to connect with a network of numerous internationally oriented alumni from over 180 countries around the world, and gain access to a rich variety of events. Sign up now
- Learn about sustainable development in less than four minutes
Watch our explainer video in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, German or Portuguese! Want to develop an explainer video for your country team, agency or organisation? Please send us an email.
- Read our two-page Primer on Sustainable Development
- Check out all UNSSC courses:
- Browse through all of the College’s offerings and find a programme that suits your learning requirements
- Learn more about the UNSSC Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development:
- Have a look at our brochure. For print versions on stone paper, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on Twitter @UNSSC
- If you have ideas or suggestions or you are looking for a customised training for your team or organisation, please send us an email.
Source: Notification UNSSC, 29.09.2017