The Global Coffee Platform is recruiting for a best fit to provide support to its Secretariat and Management in its broad range of activities!
The Global Coffee Platform (GCP) is an inclusive multi-stakeholder sustainability platform aligning the activities of a diverse network of stakeholders to set into action the global commitments and create a thriving and sustainable coffee sector. The GCP also supports the use of the Baseline Common Code, a set of globally referenced baseline principles and practices for coffee production and processing. Through the support of this reference code, the GCP aims to enable sector-wide adoption of minimum sustainability requirements.
The 300-plus members of the Global Coffee Platform include farmers and farmer organizations (big and small), trade (importers and exporters), industry (coffee roasters and retailers), other supply chain actors, civil society, individuals, and donor agencies and many other organizations.
The Management & Governance Officer is responsible for coordinating and supporting effective and
efficient day to day operations as well as coordinate and support Management and Governance functions (e.g. Executive Director, Executive Team and Board, Advisory Boards)
Main functions and responsibilities
• Working in close coordination with the Executive Director and acts as a resource person on
management and governance issues for the GCP team;
• Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
• Arranging travel, visas and accommodation;
• Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
• Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
• Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
• Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
• Organising and attending meetings and ensuring the Executive Team is well prepared for meetings.
• Steering the coordination, preparation and follow-up of communication and meetings with the governance (Membership Assembly and Board) and supports the Executive Director in servicing these;
• Acting as Ombudsman’s Secretary to support potential mediation process;
• Coordinating and providing content for correspondence to all members (institutional level,
Profile and qualifications
• University degree or equivalent professional education in a relevant subject (e.g. Economics, Linguistics, Social Science, Communication, etc.);
• At least 3 years of relevant working experience, preferably in a sustainable working environment
• Passion to work well in an international team as well as on own initiative;
• Pro-active working style and passion for details;
• The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
• Good organizational and time management skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, honesty and reliability;
• Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in Spanish is an absolute asset;
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills;
• Experience with organizational M&E is an additional advantage
• Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
• Supporting an international team and learning about the global work of a leading multi-stakeholder sustainability organisation!
• Location: Bonn, Germany
• Period of employment: 1st of January 2017 until 31st of December 2017
• Working hours: half-time (20 hours a week)
How to apply
Please send your CV with your cover letter by email to Kai Woll/ email@example.com.
For more information about the Global Coffee Platform please visit: www.globalcoffeeplatform.org
Source: Notification GCP, 30.11.2016