The University of Bonn and German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) would like to invite you to the lecture series
“The Agenda 2030 – Dealing with Grand Challenges for Mankind”
The lecture series is jointly organized by the Coordination Unit “Sustainable Development in International Cooperation” of the University of Bonn and the German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE).
It will take place on seven Thursdays in the winter semester 2016/2017 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the University Main Building, Lecture Hall VII
In the lecture series “The Agenda 2030 – Dealing with Grand Challenges for Mankind” experts from a variety of academic disciplines will analyze the most important grand challenges involved in this ambitious agenda. The lectures will be held in English.
The following topics will be covered by the lecture series:
- Thursday, October 20, 2016: The Agenda 2030 – Driver of Change Towards Global Sustainability?
- Thursday, November 3, 2016: Social Protection: How Can We Protect the Vulnerable, Promote Productive Integration and Enhance Social Cohesion?
- Thursday, November 17, 2016: Radical Decarbonization: What it Takes to Get to a Carbon-Free Economy
- Thursday, December 1, 2016: Water – Land – Food: The Making and Unmaking of Scarcities
- Thursday, December 15, 2016: Inequality: Strategies for Inclusion in a Polarizing World
- Thursday, January 12, 2017: Machines Replacing People? Does the ‘Internet of Things’ Lead to Exclusive Societies?
- Thursday, January 26, 2017: Global Poverty: Recent Trends and Prospects for the Future – Will We Achieve to Eradicate Extreme Poverty by 2030?
For further information about the lecture series, the registration and the certificate of attendance, please consult the program attached to this email or visit our website.
Source: notification Uni Bonn, 08.07.2016