The Coffee Assurance Services GmbH & Co. KG (CAS) is recruiting for a qualified candidate to be part of the Verification team in the head office in Bonn.
CAS is a global assurance service provider delivering high quality, independent, innovative and credible services in the coffee sector, for 4C Verification of the 4C Code of Conduct as well as assurance, integrity and progress measurement in coffee.
As the operator of the 4C Verification System, Coffee Assurance Services is responsible for assuring compliance against the 4C Code of Conduct. The 4C Code of Conduct is the operationalized version of the Global Coffee Platform’s Baseline Common Code that serves as a reference code for baseline sustainability practices in the coffee sector. CAS is therefore responsible for providing training to 4C verifiers, issuing 4C licenses, and evaluating the level of compliance with the 4C Code of Conduct for 4C Units.
The Verification Officer is part of the verification team and responsible for different tasks and activities related to the verification process and compliance of 4C Units against the 4C Code of Conduct. In this role, the Verification Officer contributes to the credibility of the 4C Verification System and actively participates in providing core services to 4C License users.
Main functions and responsibilities
- Evaluate the Verification Report in order to issue the 4C License decision recommendation
- Follow up with 4C Units with regard to their improvement plan, annual update and re-verification
- Follow up with verifiers with regard to their approval and maintenance status
- Keep log of all encounters with 4C Units (CRM update regarding verification)
- Monitor the verification status of all 4C Units and proactively act to deliver the core services just in time
- Update the database with verification data and other data according the operational plan
- Prepare verification update on monthly basis
- Provide support for mailings and other communication activities
- Support members getting familiarized with the system
- Revise and improves verification tools, including the documents, templates, procedures and the database features, queries and reports
- Prepare and conduct information webinar for 4C Units and Verifiers
- Reviews 4C Units’ annual update and improvement plans and steers their improvement process to the right direction
- Creates and provides input to documents, reports, training materials and presentations on 4C Verification System
- Supports in coordinating and implementing verifier workshops
- Plan and conduct on-site verifications in coffee farms, mills, warehouses and similar facilities typically part of the coffee chain. Availability to travel
- Conduct oversight activities (desktop audits, witness audits, reporting) in the approved verifiers. Availability to travel
Profile & qualifications
- University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject (Economics, Agriculture, Food Science, Agronomy, Social Science, etc.)
- At least two years of working experience in the inspection, certification, verification or auditing business, preferably with social and environmental standards (e.g. Organic, UTZ Certified, Rainforest Alliance, Fairtrade International, Forest Stewardship Council, GlobalGAP, SA8000 etc.)
- Working experience in Quality Management System and ISO 65 is an asset
- Working experience in the coffee sector preferably with coffee farming, and/or post-harvest processing, and/or traceability, and/or trading green coffee beans is an asset
- Ability to work well in an international team as well as independently
- Pro-active working style and passion for details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in Vietnamese, Bahasa, Mandarin or French, Spanish is an asset
- Customer-oriented and results-oriented approach
- Adequate computer skills (Microsoft Office, internet and ERP system)
- Passion for coffee!
Terms and Conditions
Contract: Initially, we offer a limited contract until 31st December 2016 with a competitive salary and a pleasant, dynamic working environment with a highly dedicated team.
Working hours: Full Time – 40 hours per week
Starting date: 15th of June 2016
Location: The position is based in Bonn, Germany
Application: Please send your detailed application (cover letter, resume, references, and salary expectation, in English) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to Verification Officer in the subject line of your email. Applications will be treated with all due discretion. The Coffee Assurance Services (CAS) will acknowledge receipt of all applications. However, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.