The University of Bonn and German Institute for Development Evaluation (Deutsches Evaluierungsinstitut der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit / DEval) invite to the lecture series
“Evaluation and Evidence Based Policy Making for Global Development”
The lecture series is jointly organized by the Coordination Unit “Sustainable Development in International Cooperation” of the University of Bonn and the German Institute for Development Evaluation (Deutsches Evaluierungsinstitut der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit / DEval).
It will take place on six Thursdays in the Summer Semester 2016 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the University Main Building, Lecture Hall III.
In the lecture series “Evaluation and Evidence Based Policy Making for Global Development” experts from politics and academia will analyze and discuss the methods and role of evaluation in the context of development policy. The lectures will be held in English.
The following topics will be covered by the lecture series:
- April 21, 2016: Aid Effectiveness and the Role of Evaluation
- April 28, 2016: Management and Institutionalization of Evaluation in the German Development Policy
- May 12, 2016: The Rising Role of Evaluation in Developing Countries
- June 9, 2016: Randomized Controlled Trials (RCTs): Gold Standard for Development Evaluation?
- June 23, 2016: Monitoring and Evaluating the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- July 7, 2016: The Role of Evaluation in the Context of Humanitarian Aid and the Refugee Crisis
For further information about the lecture series, the registration and the certificate of attendance, please consult our website.
The attendance of the lectures is only possible after registration.A binding registration for the lectures can be made either
Please register until Friday before the respective lecture. The number of participants is limited. Registrations are processed in the order in which they arrive. We reserve the right to cancel this event to the exclusion of claims for compensation in case of cancellations of speakers or an insufficient number of registrations.
Certificate of Attendance:
Please note that you can earn a certificate of attendance (no ECTS) if you attend the whole lecture series (all six lectures). If you would like to receive a certificate, please choose the options “Alle Termine der Vorlesungsreihe” and “Certificate of Attendance” in the registration form or inform us via email.
Source: Notification from the University of Bonn from 05.02.2016