March 2015 through August 2015, IFOAM Head Office in Bonn, Germany
IFOAM is currently seeking an intern to assist IFOAM in advancing our relationship to Russian speaking countries in the Eurasia Region. The intern will therefore cooperate with at least three departments within IFOAM: IFOAM Value Chain, IFOAM Academy and Governance/Administration. Successful applicants will be motivated, responsible, and self-starters, able to work independently. The intern will assist with a range of projects and will work closely with the Deputy Director and related managers.
Fluently Russian speaking advanced undergraduate students from an Euro-Asian Russian speaking country with an education / experience in International affairs, Development studies, (Organic) Agriculture, Communication or similar qualifications are encouraged to apply. Due to new labour law requirements in Germany the internship has to be required by the University / Education institute as part of the curriculum.
The main task of the Russian Region intern will be to assist the respective managers in te following work areas :
- Support the integration of regulations and standards formulated in Russian language into the IFOAM Family of Standards.
- Assist in communications with governments and private stakeholders about the benefits of the IFOAM Organic guarantee system.
- Support the translation of training materials from English to Russian and assist in presenting IFOAM Academy courses online.
- Assist in communications with the IFOAM membership to support the establishment of IFOAM Euro-Asia as IFOAM Regional body.
The intern must have a fluency in Russian and English, both written and spoken.
Required skills :
- Knowledge of web based content management systems (ability to manage and upload training content to trainig platform) ;
- Basis experience in translating complex text from English to Russian and vice versa ;
- Knowledge of tools for online communication ;
- Basic understanding of Organic Agriculture principles and standards;
The internship provides the opportunity to learn and develop new skills for professional development. The intern will gain from its time in IFOAM in-depth insights into the operations of a well-recognized international NGO, improve communication skills and build up interpersonal and intercultural relationships. IFOAM would appreciate the willingness of the intern to return to the Euro-Asia Region and spread the knowledge about IFOAM and the organic movement there.
The internship will start in March 2015 and lasts at least 6 months. Working hours are 40 hours per week. The place of work is the IFOAM Head Office in Bonn, nicely located on the bank of the river Rhine. IFOAM provides free accomodation and, as a method of transport, access to a bike. In case no scholarship is availible a pocket money is provided also.
To apply, please send your electronic application, including a motivation letter and a CV, to Isbandiyar Valiyev: i.valiyeyATifoam.org. Should you have questions, please call Thomas Cierpka at +49-‐228-‐9265015 after January 5, 2015.
International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements (IFOAM), Charles-de-Gaulle-Str. 5, 53113 Bonn, Germany ; Phone : +49 228 9265010 ; Fax : +49 228 9265099 ; E-mail : headofficeATifoamDOTorg ; Web : www.ifoam.org