The fourth Deutsche Welle Global Media Forum from 20-22 June 2011 will primarily highlight the relationship between human rights in a globalized world and the role of the media.
Some of the exciting topics at this year’s event include:
- Human rights in post-conflict societies
- Does the global economy need a human rights dimension?
- Leaks, Wikileaks, whistleblower – New challenges for human rights?
- The political power of social media
- Journalism and the drug war in Latin America
- Promoting freedom of the press in Africa’s newest country South Sudan
The full list of panels/workshops and partners can be found here: http://dw-gmf.de/conference_2011/5627.php
For registration please click here: http://www.dw-gmf.de/conference_2011/5671.php