On the occasion of the opening of the Climate Change Talks under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), 31 May – 11 June 2010 in Bonn participants of an evening event organised by the churches will call upon all stakeholders in politics, society and the churches to take responsibility for climate justice.
6 pm – Welcome
Prelate Dr. Karl Jüsten, GKKE, Chairman (catholic)
After the failure in Copenhagen: Is there hope for us yet?
A discussion with
- Präses Alfred Buß (Protestant Church of Westphalia, Bielefeld)
- Ursula Heinen-Esser (Parliamentary State Secretary at the Federal Environment Ministry, Berlin)
- Victoria Tauli-Corpuz (Representative at the UN on the rights of indigenous peoples, Tebtebba, Philippines)
- Halldor Thorgeirsson (Director, Bali Road Map Support, UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, Bonn)
- Presenter: Tillmann Elliesen (Editor “Weltsichten”)
German – English simultaneous interpretation will be provided.
7.15 pm Missa Gaia
A mass celebrating the beauty of the Earth, praising her with human and animal voices, by Paul Winter, New York
Presented by the choir “Haste Töne” of the local protestant congregation of Bonn-Beuel and “Right Side Band”, with video and photo projections
Musical director: Hubert Arnold
Presenter: Jürgen Reichel (Church Development Service, Bonn)
8.30 pm Informal discussions in and in front of the church
Reception (9.30 pm: end of the programme)
Kreuzkirche, Kaiserplatz, Bonn
Sunday, 30 May, 2010, 6 pm
as part of the events series
“Bonn Forum Church and Development”