EADI – European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes
- EADI is the prime professional association for development studies. As such it promotes:
- Quality in research and education in development studies,
- The exchange of relevant information among members and with others,
- The strengthening of relevant knowledge networks at the regional and global level,
- Influencing both national and European decision-makers in the development cooperation field.
- To generate and stimulate and exchange of information among European academics and researchers concerned with development issues and to develop contacts with researchers from other regions of the world.
- To promote interdisciplinary studies on specific themes.
- EADI is financed by its members’ contributions, an institutional grant from the German government and other project-related subsidies and private donations. EADI receives core funding from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Co-operation and Development (BMZ) and the Land North Rhine-Westphalia / City of Bonn.
- EADI is hosted by three institutions: German Development Institute (DIE), Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), and the Centre for Development Research (ZEF).
- EADI Portal helps you to access quality research output and a wealth of knowledge on international development issues generated by our network, e.g. Environment, Food Security and Climate Change.
- EADI Research Monitor offers you a wide range of freely available research to work with, concerning diverse issues connected to development cooperation.
- Bonner Impulse is a public series of events with the focus on European development policy.
- EADI Education Portal gives you an overview on education offers in the field of development cooperation, job offers and our student membership.
- EADI working groups are the network‘s members in action, a forum for reflection and discussion, as well as a platform for launching and elaborating development research.
- European Journal of Development Research (EJDR) is a multi-disciplinary journal that is published five times a year.
- EADI Newsletter is published twice a year and features news from the association, as well as opinion pieces. The monthly e-newsletter disseminates news from EADI members and partners.
- International Accreditation Council for Global Development Studies and Research (IAC/EADI) aims to promote the quality of global development training programmes both in the North and the South.
Get connected! EADI is a network of 150 renowned institutes and think-tanks in Europe working on multidisciplinary development issues. You will be welcome as an associate, individual, institutional, student, or premium member: Join us now.