We are pleased to inform you of the upcoming second edition of the online course, Unleashing the power of the private sector in implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development running from 18 February to 22 march 2019. This five-week course introduces participants to the different types of private sector entities and demonstrates how strategically engaging with them can help implement the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It introduces participants to tools to identify common objectives to create shared value and emphasises the importance of mitigating risk. The course also reinforces the need for participants to advocate for placing sustainable development at the core of businesses and investing. The five weeks of the course will focus on:
- Week 1: How partnerships are vital to the 2030 Agenda.
- Week 2: The role of the private sector in implementing the 2030 Agenda.
- Week 3: How to pursue partnerships with the private sector: frameworks for action.
- Week 4: Due Diligence: protecting against reputational risk.
- Week 5: Engaging with the private sector: way forward
At the end of the 5-weeks, participants will:
- Benefit from an in-depth understanding of the imperative to engage with the private sector for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the concept of shared value;
- Understand that the private sector is not a monolithic entity and how it can be engaged at every level, international, national and local.
- Demonstrate an understanding of frameworks to design and tools to develop partnerships with the private sector;
- Demonstrate an improved understanding of the importance of due diligence before pursuing engagements;
- Be able to articulate the need for and advocate for more private sector engagement in achieving the 2030 Agenda.
UNSSC online courses are designed to deliver maximum learning outcomes through optimal time investments into carefully chosen high-quality learning materials. Specially tailored to the needs of the professional interested in developing skills to advance their career or deepening their knowledge on a particular subject matter, our highly facilitated online courses combine self-paced study modules with applied learning components such as case studies, interactive exercises and collaborative group work.
Participants also benefit from live moderated webinars which feature valuable inputs from renowned subject matter experts, and allow real-time dialogue with the high-level speakers. Webinar recordings are also made available to ensure that participants have a flexible and seamless learning experience. A competent facilitator guides and assists the participants all along the course, and provides real-time feedback on activities and exercises. Our user-friendly social online learning platform provides participants with the opportunity to connect with peers from diverse organisational backgrounds, fostering peer-to-peer learning.
While being interactive and participatory, UNSSC online courses give learners the opportunity to complete activities when it best fits their schedule. Participants are largely free to determine their own weekly study plan. Lasting 5 weeks and demanding 6 hours of dedication a week, UNSSC online courses incorporate the same high academic rigour as any UNSSC face-to-face programme.
For more information and to register, please visit http://bit.ly/PPS2019-1. Deadline for registration is on 15 February 2019. Should you have questions, please email email@example.com.
Source: Notification United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC), 24.01.2019