IFOAM – Organics International is an NGO that promotes truly sustainable food production systems through the uptake of organic agriculture. We advocate for a holistic approach to food production based on the principles of health, ecology, fairness and care. Founded in 1972 IFOAM– Organics International is a change agent working towards truly sustainable agriculture and value chains.
It’s an exciting time to join our team. As part of our new organizational strategy, the communications department is expanding its activities. To support our communications team of six we are looking for a Communications Coordinator. You will be involved in a range of activities from contributing to creative processes that precede the launch of specific communications projects, as well as hands-on tasks on the ground, for example when participating in the largest global organic trade fair, ensuring the best possible representation of the organisation. You will be part of a broader team of 26 and based in Bonn, Germany, reporting to the Head of Communications.
• Development of content and messages, tailored to our various audiences for campaigns, social media, press releases, videos, blog entries etc.
• Compilation, editing and dissemination of content (e.g. newsletters and other mailings);
• Maintenance of the communications database and mailing lists (MailChimp);
• Implementation of and reporting on communications calendar;
• Planning and implementation of promotional activities;
• Fulfilment of communications-specific partner obligations;
• Community management;
• Events coordination and associated tasks;
• Updates for the blog, website and other communications and marketing material;
• Statistical reporting when needed;
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
• Educated to degree level education in a relevant subject (e.g. communications, marketing, journalism, media, public relations) with 3+ years of relevant professional experience;
• Native-level fluency in English, additional languages (e.g. German, French and/or Spanish) valued;
• Highly computer literate with a good grasp of social media and relevant apps/ management systems;
• Interest in and good understanding of organic agriculture;
• Excellent creative writing for web and print;
• Organized with strong time-management skills;
• Ability to be clear and concise;
• A good aesthetic eye;
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
• Responsible, reliable and service-oriented;
• A proactive team player, able to work collaboratively as part of a multicultural and interdisciplinary team.
We offer a full-time (40 hours a week) position in a dynamic and multicultural team of a wellestablished and growing, international organization. A two-year contract, with the possibility of expansion, is foreseen for this position. We offer an annual salary of € 32’400 (brut). Experiences and skills of particular relevance may be considered and influence the salary level. Compensation is in line with salaries offered by other NGOs of a similar size in Bonn.
How to Apply
Electronic applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include a cover letter, work certificates and your CV. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide the names and contact details of two professional references. Only complete applications will be considered. We will fill the position when a suitable candidate is found so we encourage early applications.
Source: Notification IFOAM – Organics International, 23.08.2018