After an insightful seminar on the introduction of post-growth economic thinking in development cooperation work in 2020 NELA e.V. holds a second 2-day seminar exploring more concrete examples of growth independence in the Global South for development cooperation. Registration is possible until October 1st 2022.
It seems no feasible solution to propagate economic growth in the Global South, when growth in the Global North has proven to be the cause for many global problems. Other ways need to be found to enable countries to thrive, rather than simply to grow.
We invite practitioners from the development cooperation sector to engage with us in a search: How can development cooperation promote growth independent approaches in countries of the Global South?
- Get an introduction to the main concepts of post-growth
- Get to know different examples of growth independent approaches in the Global South
- Develop criteria to identify growth independent approaches
- Get to know difficulties growth independent approaches face and with which tools to tackle them in development cooperation
- Define insights and concrete actions that they may want to integrate in their work
Register here until October 1st.
We recommend a registration payment contribution of 150€ to 600€ based on self-assessment. As a personal atmosphere is important to us in the seminar, we have limited the number of participants to 25.
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us (email@example.com).