The Center for Development Research (www.zef.de) is an international and interdisciplinary research institute of the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University of Bonn, Germany. ZEF’s Department of Economics and Technological Change invites applications for the position of a Research Assistant/Wissenschaftliche Hilfskraft (WHK) (up to 19 hours/week) for the BMZ-funded study Assessing the implementation of SDG2 and its financial needs.
In collaboration with FAO, ZEF is coordinating and carrying out a research project to assess the progress in the implementation of SDG2, its financial needs and development in reference to the Elmau commitment of lifting 500 million people in developing countries out of hunger and malnutrition by 2030 as an input to the G7 Food Security Working Group. Commissioned by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, the SDG2 project aims to undertake an independent assessment of SDG2 status and analyze and identify further need for action and investment needed in order to achieve SDG2.
Expected tasks of the research assistant are to assist the Project Coordinator in:
- Scientific tasks (e.g. literature review, preparing, (co-) writing, editing and formatting articles, reviews, newsletters or any other document)
- Project management (e.g. editing of project reports, taking minutes, organization of field trips andmeetings of project staff, organization of workshops)
- Administrative tasks (e.g. travel claims, accounting, financial reporting)
- Master in economics, agriculture sciences, development studies or related disciplines
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English is compulsory (Being a native speaker is an advantage)
- Experience in agricultural and (rural) development research
- Experience in project management or administrative tasks
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and target oriented
ZEF / the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University of Bonn is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from female candidates and minorities.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest (incl. indicating the preferred number of working hours), their CV and relevant certificates latest by 30 September 2019 via email and as one PDF document (less than 5 MB) to: Julia Machovsky-Smid, firstname.lastname@example.org, Center for Development Research ZEF, Genscherallee 3, 53113 Bonn, Germany. The receipt of all complete applications will be confirmed; however, only short-listed candidates will be informed.
Source: Vacancies Center for Development Research University of Bonn (zef), September 2019