Founded in 1972, IFOAM – Organics International works as an agent of change, advocating for true sustainability in agriculture, value chains, and consumption. We are an international non-profit organization with a membership base across around 120 counties and promote a holistic approach to food systems based on the principles of health, ecology, fairness, and care.
The Communications Department is looking to strengthen its online presence through a broader stakeholder engagement, increased outreach and impactful campaigns. To support our communications team in this we are looking for a Digital Media Coordinator to join us to develop and implement content strategies across social platforms, our blog, micro-sites, a new website, and e-mail. You will join a culturally diverse 29-member team at our office in Bonn, Germany, and report to the Heads of Communications.
The Digital Media Coordinator will lead on the more technical aspects of the team’s work. This will include day to day maintenance of the website, implementation of analytics, providing support on email marketing and running paid advertising. The role will be responsible for producing and procuring content across all platforms, ensuring tone of voice, imagery and video all match brand guidelines and achieve set goals. You’ll collaborate with colleagues across the organization and use data to deliver digital communications that helps us engage with our members, create powerful public campaigns, and recruit new supporters.
- Develop communications calendars, addressing different audiences and adhering to brand guidelines for consistent messaging and brand cohesion;
- Coordinate production of communications toolkits and channel-specific content;
- Conduct regular maintenance and monitoring of our website and social media platforms to ensure accurate representation of our work;
- Support general communications activities such as sending mailers and updating the website/blog;
- Measure social engagement and performance using analytics and provide analyses and insight on measured data to track trends and target areas for improvement;
- Use data to recommend and develop SEO-savvy web copy and optimal web format to build a returning audience;
- Improve and streamline stakeholders’ journeys to drive loyalty, retention and lifetime value;
- Support the team in gaining digital media coverage for our work and activities;
- Leverage content to drive stakeholder engagement;
- Assist in occasional PR, community relations, sponsorships and projects;
- Assist in the preparations for/representation at occasional trade fairs.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level, ideally with digital marketing/ communications experience of 3+ years;
- In-depth knowledge of major social media platforms and how best to maximize their impact;
- Solid understanding of web-based technologies and the major trends, challenges and opportunities affecting web communication and social media;
- Knowledge of web publishing best practice, HTML and CSS desirable;
- Experience with digital campaigns, dynamic e-mail and web marketing strategies targeting different stakeholder segments;
- Knowledge of marketing automation platforms, e.g. Mailchimp.
- A clear understanding of how to track and measure online marketing performance, and drive improvement across digital channels;
- Familiarity with online analytics packages (e.g. Piwik, Google Webmaster);
- Good grasp of content marketing principles and user journeys;
- Comfortable producing multimedia content, concepts and sample layouts;
- Native-level command of English, additional languages desirable.
- Outstanding organizational skills, prioritizing and problem-solving capabilities;
- Enthusiasm for digital technologies, data and marketing selections;
- Comfortable working with numbers, with strong attention to detail;
- Proactive team player, able to work in a multicultural and interdisciplinary team;
- Commercially aware, service and results driven;
- Good writing and editing skills with a keen eye for visual balance.
We offer a full-time (40 hours a week) position in a dynamic and multicultural team of a well established and growing, international organization. A two-year contract is foreseen for this position with an annual salary of 31.000 € – 34.000 € (brut), depending on relevant experience. Preferred starting date is September 1st, 2019.
How to Apply
Electronic applications should be submitted by July 12th, 2019 to email@example.com. Applications should include a cover letter and your CV. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide two professional references and work certificates. Only complete applications will be considered.
Source: Job vacancy IFOAM – Organics International, 01.07.2019