The Center for Development Research (ZEF) at the University of Bonn invites applications for a full- time postdoctoral researcher position for comparative economic analyses of regional bioeconomy clusters.
The position will be filled as soon as possible and for a period of 3 years. The selected candidate will be part of a research project that aims at developing scenarios of sustainable and regionalized bioeconomic transformation. Research will be conducted in collaboration with research groups at the University of Bonn, the NRW Bioeconomy Science Center (BioSC) and international partners. A focus lies on comparative analyses of regional bioeconomy clusters in Europe and selected developing and emerging economies based on cluster and spatial economic theory.
- Doctoral degree in economics, agricultural economics, resource economics or related fields
- Ability to conceptualize and motivate empirical analyses based on economic theory
- Experience in processing and analyzing quantitative data
- Skills in spatial and big data analyses are an asset.
- Willingness to engage in collaboration across scientific disciplines
- Excellent English oral and writing skills, good command of German is desirable
- Good intercultural communication and teamwork skills.
Remuneration will be according to TV-L (E13) (German salary system for university-based researchers). Please send your letter of interest, a detailed resume including a publication list or a relevant recent research product, and names and contact information of two academic references in a single PDF document by E-mail to Alison Beck at email@example.com
Application deadline: July 15, 2019 or until position is filled
The Center for Development Research (www.zef.de) is an international and interdisciplinary academic research institute within the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University of Bonn, Germany. ZEF is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source: Notification The Center for Development Research (ZEF), June 2019