EADI pursues the following objectives:
- to promote quality in research and education in development studies.
- to promote contacts among affiliated members, inter alias, by disseminating information on research in progress or on studies and experiments in training and on new training schemes.
- to establish or facilitate exchanges, working relations and useful cooperation between the affiliates on the one hand and the regional associations, institutions of research and/or training and individual researchers in African, Asian and Latin American countries on the other.
- to cooperate with governments, development agencies, and international organisations, in development training and research activities.
- to communicate and disseminate research and training results on development to government and private development agencies, international organisations, as well as to policy-makers and the mass media.
- EADI receives core funding from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Co-operation and Development (BMZ) and the Land North Rhine-Westphalia / Federal City of Bonn.
- EADI is hosted by three institutions: German Development Institute, Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungsforschung (DIE), Capacity Building International, InWEnt, and the Centre for Development Research, ZEF.
What does EADI offer?
- EADI Portal helps you to access quality research output and a wealth of knowledge on international development issues generated by our network, e.g. Environment, Food Security and Climate Change.
- EADI Dossiers provide a forum for both the presentation and the discussion of selected topics e.g. development studies.
- Bonner Impulse is a public series of events with the focus on European development policy.
- EADI Masterclasses are a new series of workshops, which offer intensive training with experts on various topics on development policy and research.
Sustainability: EADI works on Sustainability in its diverse facets and on different levels:
- Bonn Sustainability Portal
- Climate Change Dossier
- Millenium Development Goals Dossier
- Panel at the Bonn Symposium 2009: From Research to Policy Action – Ways towards Enhanced Sustainability
Bonn Sustainability Portal: „Das Portal stärkt die Sichtbarkeit von Bonn als Standort für Nachhaltigkeit und Entwicklung. Nutzer des Bonn Sustainability Portal können sich in kürzester Zeit einen guten Überblick zum Stand der Diskussion in Sachen Nachhaltigkeit verschaffen“
Dr. Thomas Lawo, Executive Secretary, EADI